Musique Sacrée à Notre-Dame de Paris was very affected by the fire that led to the closure of the most famous cathedral in the world. The administrative and educational teams, as well as the children and students of the Maîtrise have lost their “home”, their place of rehearsal and concert, their instruments, their albs and costumes, …
In the very aftermath of the drama, all of these people expressed a very keen wish to continue the activities in order to bring to life the soul of Notre-Dame.
The Maîtrise guarantees a unique knowledge in the world and an extraordinary intangible musical heritage, and this since the Middle Ages. It has, even more today, the duty to preserve them and to make them known throughout France and the world.
It is for all these reasons that the association now appeals to all of you.
An exceptional international collection was launched on Monday, May 20, 2019 in order to help us safeguard the musical heritage of Notre-Dame de Paris.
An important point to know: the donations hitherto paid for the reconstruction of Notre-Dame only concern the reconstruction of the architectural heritage.
Even more today, the Maîtrise Notre-Dame de Paris needs the mobilization of as many people as possible to ensure its sustainability.
WHAT PURPOSE FOR THE DONATIONS?
- The purchase of new pianos for the lessons and the rehearsals of the Maîtrise choirs
- The acquisition of original scores for concerts and liturgy
- The acquisition of new sheet music holders for all the singers of the Maîtrise
- Participation in production costs linked to the relocation of concerts: rental and transport of instruments, movement of singers, rental of technical equipment, etc.
- Participation in the costs related to the preservation and promotion of Notre-Dame’s musical knowledge: internships, masterclasses, tours in France and abroad, musicological research, etc …
- Communication actions: press, posters, advertisements, video recordings, recordings, etc.